Here’s a Chase Bank Total Checking + Savings account promotion offering up to $250 total for new customers, broken up into the following two bonuses:
Chase Total Checking $150 Bonus details. Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the $150 checking bonus (taken directly from their offer page):
- Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval;
- Deposit $25 or more at account opening;
- Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- After you have completed all the above checking requirements, [Chase will] deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
Chase Total Checking® has no Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply.
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR,
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Chase Savings $100 Bonus details. To receive the $100 savings bonus (taken directly from their offer page):
- Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval.
- Deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 10 business days of account opening;
- Maintain at least a $10,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- 0.01% effective APY as of 9/22/15. Interest rates are variable and subject to change
Chase SavingsSM has no Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period. Otherwise a $5 Monthly Service Fee will apply.
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account; OR,
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more. One-time transfers do not qualify; OR,
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM, Chase Premier Platinum CheckingSM, or Chase Private Client CheckingSM account.
Earning $100 on $10,000 for 90 days is the equivalent of 4% annualized return. The bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. You will need to provide your e-mail address and bring the unique coupon code they send you into a physical branch.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program. “The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.”