The Capital One® Venture® Rewards credit card has increased their sign-up bonus to 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening. Those 50,000 miles can be redeemed as a $500 credit towards any travel purchase made with the card (any airline, any hotel, no blackout dates). It may help to think of “miles” as “points”. The annual fee is also waived for the first year ($95 after that).
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won’t expire for the life of the account and there’s no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
The 2 miles on on every $1 in purchases essentially make this a 2% back card when applied towards travel. This is pretty good overall, but compare with these other 2% cash back cards below.
- Citi Double Cash Card Review
- Fidelity Rewards Visa Card Review
- BankAmericard Travel Rewards Card Review
- USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards Card Review
- Alliant Credit Union Visa Signature Card Review
Bottom line. The combination of a limited-time bump to 50,000 bonus miles and the annual fee waiver for the first year makes this a good time to apply for the Capital One® Venture® Rewards credit card. You’ll also get 2X miles on your purchases, so after you spend your $3,000 within 3 months to get the bonus, you can redeem 50,000 + 6,000 = 56,000 miles for $560 toward travel on any airline or hotel. That could be a nice discount on your next vacation.