More than a few people have asked about some good 0% APR Balance Transfer offers, and the ability to save tons of interest with no fee offers or even many low fee offers.
I’ve looked at hundreds of cards online, scoured the “Terms & Conditions” fine print, and the listed ones below are the best that I’ve found with the longest 0% APR periods and the lowest fees. It’s been really hard to avoid all fees these days, but they can still be found occasionally, and even with a small fee the overall APR can still be very low with a nice long balance transfer term. I’ve tried to include a variety of card issuers – and have highlighted the important details in the fine print. Just click on the card name to go directly to the correct offer and card application. Updated as of NOVEMBER 2017.
1) Citi Simplicity® Card – 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases for 21 months. That’s nearly 2 years at 0% interest for balance transfers and purchases from our partner Citi! An exceptionally long and flexible offer with no over limit fees or late payment fees, as you can both transfer a balance and also keep charging purchases on it during the introductory period. There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. No annual fee.
2) Discover it® – 18 Month Balance Transfer offer – 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months*. DOUBLE CASH BACK for the first year. The variable purchase APR after the intro period expires is currently 11.74% – 23.74%. No annual fee. The Discover it® – 18 Month Balance Transfer offer your first year is an offering from Discover, as they’ve retired their Discover More Cards. Included with the Discover it® – 18 Month Balance Transfer offer your first year is no over limit fee. No foreign transaction fee. And no late fee for your first late payment. Plus they won’t raise your APR for paying late.* The balance transfer fee is 3%.
3) Chase Slate® – 0% Introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee – Introductory offer! With no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days, the Slate from Chase is offering interest free payments for up to 15 months with no catch and no annual fee. The 0% intro APR is also extended on purchases for 15 months and once the intro rate has expired, a variable APR of 15.74% – 24.49% will ensue.
4) BankAmericard® Credit Card – 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.74% – 21.74% Variable APR. Balance transfer fee of either 3% of the amount of the transfer or $10 (whichever is greater) applies. There is no annual fee to own the BankAmericard® credit card.
5) Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer – Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 14.49%, 17.49%, 20.49%, 22.49%, and 24.49% based upon your creditworthiness.* There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer. Perhaps the greatest feature of the Citi Double Cash Card is the 1% cash back that cardholders will receive on all purchases, followed by another 1% cash back when they pay for those purchases. When you factor in the great intro APR with the top cash back rewards program on the planet, the Citi Double Cash Card doesn’t just have a top balance transfer offer; but a top overall offer.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”